SJB is showing the love for the Climate Coalition
In support of the Climate Coalition’s campaign to raise awareness for a cleaner, greener world, St John’s Beaumont School has joined the #showthelove campaign in February. It’s Valentines’ month and we are turning all our hearts green!
Friday, 12th February – #showthelove Mufti Day!
- Wore as much green as we could
- Made, wore and shared green hearts
- Joined the school-wide pancake making
- Started a green initiative at home
- Signed the Climate Coalition pledge
On 12th February, we were celebrating a mufti day by ditching the school uniform and wearing something green, outfits ranged from green superhero outfits, elves, onesies or just green jumpers. The greener the better. Who dared to don green face-paint? Pictures please to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To raise awareness, we were asked to make, display, wear and share as many green hearts as we could. Here are some of our ideas:
- Make a green pom-pom heart (page 8)
- Make a green heart from upcycled plastic
- Colour a Greener Planet heart (page 4)
- Make a #showthelove postcard to send to your MP
At 9:40 AM on Friday, 12th February, all lessons were on hold for an hour to join a school-wide pancake making session.
Talk to your parents, how you can make your own home greener. Don’t try and change the world in one go. Rather settle on just one or two initiatives that could make a big difference in the long term. Write them down and display them prominently at home.
Here are some ideas;
- Do you make compost? How can you prevent food waste?
- Is your garden bee-friendly? Sow a little wildflower meadow in one corner of your garden. The bees will love you for it.
- How well do you recycle? Do you need to buy plastic bottles and other packaging?
- Switch the light off, when not needed, and switch all your bulbs to energy-friendly LED.
- See here for more ideas…
Send us a picture/copy of your own green pledge to email@example.com.
Last but not least…
The Jesuit Mission and St John’s Beaumont are asking everyone to support the Climate Coalition. Get an adult (or as many as you can) to sign the Climate Coalition’s declaration to the UK Prime Minister, Boris Johnson.
Join the 136,930 people that have already signed and use your voice to tell politicians that you want a cleaner, greener, fairer future at the heart of plans to rebuild a strong economy.